Fiddle Time Duets is an exciting and attractive collection for violinists of all ages by the award-winning educational composers Kathy and David Blackwell. With repertoire ranging from imaginative original compositions to arrangements of classical and folk music, there is something for everyone in this varied selection.
The duets carefully progress from pieces suitable for established beginners through to repertoire ideal for students at approximately Grade 4 and beyond. In addition, there are six mini duet warm-ups exploring different techniques and skills. Some duets have parts of equal difficulty, while others have an easier part and a harder part, making the book ideal for students at different levels to play together.
With lively concert repertoire and fun sight-reading material, this excellent resource will develop players' ensemble skills as well as providing much to enjoy!
- 30 fun duets in a variety of styles, including arrangements of classical and folk music, and original pieces from Kathy and David Blackwell
- Duets progress in difficulty throughout the book, from established beginner to Grade 4+, suitable for use alongside the Fiddle Time series
- Some duets with parts of equal difficulty, and some with an easier part and a harder part
- Six mini duet warm-ups exploring different violin techniques and skills
- Ideal as a resource for both practising sight-reading and concert use
- Useful bowing and fingering suggestions